- Tuition (for entire program): 17400€ (Partner country applicants) or 8700€ (Programme country applications) – see cost and funding page for more information.
- Travel to and from home country and between universities (1st semester university; 2nd semester university; summer school; 3rd semester university and potentially 4th semester university)
- Housing (rent, utilities such as electricity, gas, water, telephone, internet)
- Other living expenses (food, transportation, clothing, misc)
- Visa /Residency permit costs
A useful resource for comparing the cost of living in different cities is http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/
Limerick, Ireland (University of Limerick)
Information from the University of Limerick about Living in Ireland
Estimated Cost of Living for a four month Academic Semester (mid Jan-mid May)*
|Campus Accommodation (Plassey Villiage, Per Semester)||~2500|
|Books and other academic requisites||~225|
|Immigration registration Fee||300|
|Total for 4 months||~4500|
*on-campus housing, which this estimate is based on, is available for these dates only. Students who wish to stay in Limerick outside of these dates would need to find short-term housing, which might cost more.
Lisbon, Portugal (ISCTE-Instituo Universitário de Lisboa)
Information from the ISCTE-IUL International Student Information Page
Foreign students should consider some minimum basic costs per month of approximately €700 to €800.
Estimated Cost of Living for a five month Academic Semester (16 Sep, 2021 – 15 Jan, 2022)
|Housing (Per Semester)||~2000|
|Food, transportation, miscellaneous (Estimate)||~1800|
|Residence Permit Cost - differs by country of origin (estimate)||~200|
|Total for 5 months||~4000|
Some reference prices:
- Accommodation: €400 – €650 per month
- Transportation: ~ 1,45€/1,85€ per trip on Metro/Bus. €30 monthly pass for metro and bus travel within Lisbon
- Meal at ISCTE-IUL canteen: €3,40
- Meal in a budget restaurant: €8-€10
Oslo, Norway (University of Oslo)
Information from the University of Oslo Budget and Cost of Living Page (http://www.uio.no/english/student-life/budget/)
Norway is an expensive country and it takes a while getting used to the high cost of living. To give you an idea of the living expenses for a student in Norway, we have put together a modest budget for one five-month semester (all numbers are approximate):
|Books, academic requisites, transportation, other requirements||~1500|
|Immigration registration Fee||~700|
|Total for 4 months||~6000|
During your first semester you must be prepared to use a substantial amount of money for setting up your household and for buying suitable clothing for the Norwegian climate.
Warsaw Poland (SWPS University of Social Sciences and Humanities)
The official currency of Poland is Polish Zloty (PLN), and it is issued in bills and coins. The cost of living in Poland varies, depending on personal needs, preferences and lifestyle. More information is available from the SWPS Center for Student Affairs.
|Housing (Per Semester)||~1400|
|Food, transportation, miscellaneous (Estimate)||~1500|
|Total for 4 months||~3000|